Happy cookout season, friends! With temperatures rising outside, these days we’re planning our meals around what can be tossed on the grill. And, with Father’s Day just around the bend, we’re lining up our favorite grilling recipes for an ample amount of summer cookouts.
When it comes to grilled meats, we recommend our award-winning Purple Cowboy Trail Boss Cabernet. This wine recently won double GOLD at the Taster’s Guild 2016 International Wine Competition and pairs deliciously with grilled red meat. Try Trail Boss with thick grilled cowboy steaks, tri-tip, roasts, stews and burgers.
Speaking of burgers, this recipe for bacon burgers topped with brie is on our must-have list this season.
Wishing you and yours a very happy Father’s Day and incredible summer ahead!
Bacon Burgers on Brioche Buns
(recipe via Food & Wine)
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon (12 ounces)
- 3 pounds mixed ground chuck and ground sirloin
- 12 ounces brie, sliced
- 8 brioche burger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the onions with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast until softened, about 20 minutes. Bake the bacon on a lined baking sheet while you’re roasting the onions (provided your oven can accommodate both).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Form the ground meat into eight patties. Season generously with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Grill over moderately high heat until well-browned on the bottom, 5 minutes. Flip the burgers, mound the brie on top and grill for 4 minutes longer, until the cheese is slightly melted and the burgers are medium-rare.
- Spread the lemon mayonnaise on the cut sides of the buns; set the burgers on the bottoms and top with the bacon and onions.